Monday, September 04, 2006

Like that Barenaked Ladies song

Monday is the start of classes. My classes seem fairly simple at the same time abiguous. I have no idea what the assignments of any of my courses are, or what I should be learning. This week I took care of a lot of business, including getting my cell phone and bike. Getting my bike was the easy part but finding my way home from Jiyugaoka proved to be a bit more challenging. After spending the evening in the classest bar with my my friends, spending 800 yen on one premium Suntory biru, we decided to get out. It was cool though because our bartender ended up talking about all his favorite bands, all thrash and punk, like Suicidal Tendencies, Decendents, etc. That was not what I had expected from a guy in a tuxedo shirt. But I tried to find my way back home without a map which ended up being a mistake because I got lost for over an hour at midnight in Tokyo. Its hard to find your way around Tokyo when: A) Streets don't have names B) I can't read Japanese and C) I haven't been able to find a Japanese road map I can read. So towards the end of my 1 1/2 hour journey through northern Tokyo, I found Olympic Park where the insomniacs come to play music and soccer at 1 in the morning. I was too preoccupied being lost to take pictures, but I did find my way back to where I started and spent the night there. The next night, I attempted to find my way again, only getting lost for 40 minutes this time, but fortunately found a shining beacon of light on sign that said Jusco, which is the grocery store by my house, and I knew I was home. I thanked God and Jesus and went to bed.

monday -food

tuesday- brian's snot at the public fountain

wednesday- pictures with some Philly friends

thursday-yucca showed us some sushi, we showed her some gang signs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home