Sunday, October 22, 2006

Steve Irwin Revenge

This weekend was whatever. With my big trip extravaganzas out of the way and with little money in my pocket, the rest of my weekdays/ends are filled with day trips involving little money spent. Friday was Halloween Party Japan 2006aganza at Green House. I as well as many just look a look through out wardrobe to see what we can turn into costumes. Fortunately I dress like a cowboy everyday:

me and a fried egg

catdog and a kickboxer

detective and a frankenstein

sonni



Man I GOT SOOOOOOO WASTED!!!! Nah, not really. I rode my bike home that night at 4 in the morning and I've realized that I love nothing more than to ride my bike in the early hours of the morning because the city was asleep. I rode my bike though Ontakesan and an eerie feeling immediately came over me, as I rode past all the stores with lights off, and the townspeople in their beds, and the trains down for the night. It was quite an amazing thing considering I'm so used to the busy Ontakesan. I rode my bike though the town for 20 more minutes just taking in the absolute silence and darkness.

Saturday, I decided to go to Ueno alone, something I haven't really done since I've been here. Adventuring alone can be really fun sometimes. Ueno features one the first national parks in Tokyo which is not so much a park filled with grass and trees but rather baseball diamonds, cement sidewalks, and dozens of museums and art galleries. I was in search of the Dali exhibit here in Ueno and ended up going to the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum which I heard was rather good. Instead I bought a $12 ticket for an exhibit that I walked right through, just to get to the other exhibits but found out that my $12 ticket only allowed me to see that one artist and had to purchase other tickets for the other rooms. BS Man. I hate Japan. Actually I only hate that museum. And I hate art. And I hate hate. Stop the hate my brothers and sisters.
I decided I had enough of this museum and set it on fire:


After that I was devoted to not wasting anymore money and this godforsaken place and found some interesting sights in Ueno. I spent the whole day walking around observing and watching the many street performers.

45 minute wait for the Dali exhibit

lots of sleeping dudes

very interesting lady

men in drag


Sunday, I headed back to good Ol' Kamakura, but this time with some new peepes, Nate, Ben, Kai, Sonni, Takeshi, and J. You know what its like. Its just become daily routine by now. But this time there were some surprises in store.

Indiana Jonzed the gap

oishi Buddha Udon (IHOP style)

dead sting ray

dead dragon

our collection of dead sea mammals

Takeshi bein a dead shark hog

Steve Irwin is smiling up there in heaven. If his angel hasn't been eaten by an angel crocodile first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home