Sunday, September 17, 2006

Weekendganza

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around what the hell just happened. I have seen and experienced more in 2 1/2 days than I have in my whole life. Let me put it in terms you could understand:

Friday, after class, with books in tow, you go to the top of the Eiffel Tower:

Tokyo Tower - Shiba Park

250 m view

754 f view


And then you walk 3 miles to Oktoberfest. But in Tokyo.


Theres nothing better than dancing in a conga line with a bunch of drunken Japanese business men, dancing to German polka music, singing in half german/half japanese, who hand you beer after beer, with ties on their foreheads, while bumping butts with the man in the green jacket, as another pees his pants, and the parties of Japanese cry "Encore, Encore!" and the final song is the chicken dance. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's Oktoberfest.

Then on Saturday you go to a museum (pretty standard):

told you i would

all hail king chicken

overkill


After that you go to the World Series (Sumo):


So after the World Series, you head home only to head out again. Upon arrival to the grocery store for a cola, there was a festival in my small town:

i played ring toss to try and win a bowling trophy


After that little surprise, I headed off to Kicijoji to meet with my friend Chi, a term I use loosely because I only hung out with her for 2 hours 3 weeks prior. But now shes totally my friend. But she invited me to a party, so I thought what better than going to a party in a town I'm unfamiliar with and hang with a bunch of Japanese kids I have never met. To my surprise there were Germans, Russians, Japanese, Chinese, Australians, and a New Zealander. But I had an amazing time and met almost everybody at that party. Blah Blah Blah.

mackey, chen, chi, and me
(sounds like a fantastic tv programme)

Oh yeah, and since Mackey was leaving for London, I had to bring him something that started with the letter M. So naturally I got him McDonalds and he was the most grateful human being I have ever met. He gave me many many a hug. Just for a cheeseburger.

The next morning, after my night on the tatami mat and a 2 hour train ride home, I was surprised to find yet again that damn parade from the night before. At first I only heard bells and a drum. I couldn't locate the direction of the source, it sounded like it was coming from all angles. And then it was right in front of me.



There's so much I can say about this. So I guess I'll just save it for the history books rather than typing it all down. This post is way too f'n long. I cannot go on with this post or with the day. I had to go home and let it all absorb before I go into shock. The scary part is that this is only the 2nd day of my 3 day weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Garraway said...

wow man, lots of awesome shots. and your blogs are hugeeeeeeeeeeeee. hows japan? looks sweet from the phots. any charokee bars yet?

Saturday, September 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home