Monday, October 30, 2006

This is Halloween ( - Stupid Song)

Halloween is one of the best holidays of the year. No matter how old you are, you're still gonna dress up, your still gonna eat sweet treats, and your still gonna find an apple with a syringe inside. Its a part of everyones life. Being in Japan during this monumentous holiday, I didn't know what to expect. Well...i guess I did know what to expect...it was gonna be CRAAYYY ZAYYY!!! HEY GIRLFRIED!!!!

I heard from word of mouth about a top secret rondezvous that happens every Saturday night before Halloween. Its the Yamanote Halloween Train, which is an unofficial party that happens every year on the Yamanote Subway Train, which is the main loop train that runs circular through Tokyo, arriving at busy city stations (Shibuya, Shinkuku, Tokyo). My professor told me he did it 10 years ago with his girlfriend at the time and sayed it was absolutely amazing, so I HAD to attend this party of the century. So I searched the web and went directly to the nation's most reliable internet source, Wikipedia, and discovered that everyone is to meet at Shinjuku Station, Yamanote Line Platform 13, Car 10, heading northbound to Ikebukuro, at exactly 20:07 on Saturday, October 28th. It is here where hundreds of foreigners and Tokyoites would pour into the unsuspecting train, and as soon as the doors close the party starts. Beer and whiskey flowed like water, wacky costumed partiers were in full attendance, and there was much crowd surfing, interviews, and laughter to be had. With every stop came a roaring chant of the station before bursting out of the train doors in a Chinese Fire Drill fashion, rushing to run into the next subway car to scope out their party. I could talk about this night for hours. But I'll spare you.

pre-train


At one point in the night, people were unscrewing the lightbulbs inside the train car. The car was nearly pitchblack for exception of the incoming light from the windows. It was in my best interest to climb up onto the baggage rack and stay out of the abyss. It was a warzone my friends.

Victory Bear

We made it one complete loop for a total of 1 hour on the train. The cops then told everyone to get off the train and move to your next destination. Everyone got off without hesitation and moved along. We exhanged photographs and names with the friends we had made on the train. We hung out on the platform for 30 minutes before moving along to Kichijoji, for the next CRAAAYYYZAAAY party.

あつ

じゅんこ

せい

sippin the milkshake woman

MC Shake

Tom dressed as a MilkShake/Bear crossbreed really puts EXB to shame. We kicked it until the wee hours of the morning and caught the first train outta there.


This is the Hangover Express. The first train of the morning, generally around 5:30, where all the party goers go to go home. As you can see, this man the left is having a hard time adjusting to moving transportation. The man on the right is crying because his snake died. Or maybe their just drunk.

I can honestly say that was the craziest night of my life. And I've said that alot, since I've been here and elsewhere. Most likely things will change when I say that next weekend is the craziest time of my life. Who knows. Life is crazy. Im never gonna say crazy again.

NONDISCLAIMER:
As you may have noticed, the night you have just read about was indeed filled with alcohol and booze. While I do not deny my participation, I assure you that I do not go about my days, knocking back whiskey and beers, bottle after bottle, can after can. I am young. I am experiencing the fruits of life. I do drink occasionally. Not as often as it may seems, despite the number of entries which entail the presence of alcohol. I have been responsible in my actions and my judgements. And I assure you that I won't get too crazy.

DAMNIT.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

fuck!

Monday, October 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not in the traditonal sense no. We had a break, and i made it a long one.
-amc

Thursday, November 02, 2006  
Blogger Stephy-ru said...

so i never saw this post, and you by far have the best pictures of the train. everyone else's are close ups of giant noggens! oh michael, i am going to miss you dearly

Wednesday, December 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home