Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Right Place, Right Time

Today I was a hero. Yea, it's no big deal SAVING A WOMAN FROM A SPEEDING TRAIN!!! I'm totally serious. Sunday was to be my relaxing day. A day to catch up on my homework, get myself organized and catch up on this blog. But I also need some groceries. So upon heading back home with Hipple from the grocery store down the street, the track's gate bars were coming down as a train was approaching. We were going to run for it, but we decided to hang back. A woman on the opposite side was riding her bike across the track as the bars were coming down and she lost her balance, crashing her bike, herself, and her bags of stuff all over the path of the oncoming train. Without hesitation, Hipple and I dropped our groceries, lifted the bars and ran to her side as she cried for help. We got her and her stuff safely to the other side before the train approached, and she was ever so thankful. She even asked us if we were ok. Haha. She was very grateful and we felt very heroic. We totally saved a woman from the path of a speeding train. Who can honestly say that.

Oh yea, Stephanie called me to her room for an pre-study dance party. And as I head upstairs and walk past the microwave, I saw spark. And soon that spark became a fire and nobody was around watching their food. So I opened that microwave and put out the fire, saving everyones life including my laptop. Not as cool as saving the woman, but it was still pretty damn cool.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats fucking awesome.
-tom

Wednesday, September 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk about being in the right place at the right time! Anyone in their right mind would have helped out in either of those situations, but you had the fortune of being there. That's pretty cool. Keep up the day-saving, Mike!

Sunday, September 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... after posting my last comment, I noticed that the entry is actually TITLED "right place, right time", thus making my exclamation not so original. Drat.

Sunday, September 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home